In addition to the mission of providing the best playing experience, Plant Empires also aims to help players train their AQ through challenging levels in the game.
In the previous article, we discussed the overall concept of the Adversity Quotient index (AQ index). This time, Plant Empires would like to introduce to you more specifically about the scale of the AQ index and how Plant Empires can be viewed through the lens of this measure.
1. AQ index scale
The Adversity Quotient (AQ) is an indicator of a person’s ability to think, manage, direct, and endure challenges and difficulties in life. Paul Stoltz was the founder of the AQ concept. Through the lens of a mountaineer, he thinks that humans can be divided into 3 types of people based on their AQ rank:
- Quitters: People who have a starting AQ with many characteristics such as easily discouraged, easy to compromise, give up when facing difficulties in life. They quickly become desperate and give up all efforts, never trying to solve the problem.
- Campers: Those who know how to overcome the initial difficulties. This is a group of people who tend to find solutions, consciously training themselves to achieve a certain level of success in life. However, once this group of people has achieved a certain expectation, it is easy for them to feel satisfied and satisfied when they stop.
- Climbers: This is the group of people who have gone through many different practices and challenges with a highly developed AQ. They are people with great determination and ambition who do not accept an existing situation but are always looking for ways to make it better.
As a quotient, AQ can be cultivated and developed, and it’s possible for Quitters and Campers to learn how to be a Climber. Stoltz formulated the LEAD sequence which consists of following four guidelines:
- Listen to your response to adversity
- Establish accountability
- Analyze the evidence
- Do something
2. Train your AQ through Plant Empires
Plant Empires is a game designed to help players train their AQ through challenges set up in it. When see the 3 Chapters in the Plant Empires PvE mode as 3 stages of a mountain, we can identify 3 groups of people of different AQ levels:
- Quitters: Those who gave up before passing the first stage – Chapter 1.
- Campers: Those who stopped at level 50 of Chapter 2.
- Climbers: Those who passed level 50 in chapter 3 and will progress even further in the future.
In the modern era, learning is no longer confined to schools but can be from anywhere, including everyday games. During the experience of Plant Empires, players will face difficulties and broken times, yet the game also provides solutions that only require players to persevere, observe, research and reasonably manage finances. These “exercises” help players practice systematic thinking, self-study skills, the virtues of perseverance and overcoming adversity. From there, players can practice and develop their own AQ in the most comfortable condition.